Al-Tahreer Association for Development is a non –governmental organization that aims at spreading the tenets of democracy, peace, and human rights. It has been working in Iraq ever since 2004 in Nineveh governorate. The association has conducted many training programs, provided counseling, and carried out projects that support the building of democracy and civil society and promote the culture of peace, and maintaining the relationship between individuals and diverse communities of Iraq in partnership with INGO, NGO.
The Procurement and Admin Assistant will:
Admin Responsibilities include:
- Work for arranging several workshops, seminars, meetings as a team member.
- Manage local and international travel for the project staff/GOB;
- Ensured security clearance, travel authorization, tickets, etc for field visit of project official;
- Deal with BTOR on a field visit and initiate DSA payment of the Project Personnel.
- Maintain Inventory and records for vehicles, non-expandable assets, IEC and Training materials, VC forms, office supplies.
- Deal with travel and transport arrangements, material distribution to the field, etc.
- Assist in hiring consulting firm/individual for any services and deal with contractor/consultant for receiving the deliverables, evaluate their performance through verifying a contractual provision in line with the ToR as well as contract agreement and process the payment to them.
- Assist to ensure security management of the office and project assets through monitoring of security guard;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned by NPD/Project Manager.
- Work assigned duties by the Project Manager as and when required.
Procurement Responsibilities include:
- Perform accounts payable functions
- Process all incoming invoices and distribute them to appropriate staff for approval.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of all vouchers, check requests, and employee expense reports o Process weekly disbursements.
- Prepare journal entries for accounts payable.
- Reconcile benefit invoices to payroll records.
- Comply with established internal control practices and procedures to ensure proper management of financial transactions.
- Provide general support Accounting
- Assist in payroll administration as a backup.
Educational & Qualifications Requirements:
- Education: business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least a year in relevant jobs.
- Languages: English is essentials. Arabic is highly desirable.
- Knowledge: Essential computer Tools (word, excel, and internet).
- Very good communication skills.
- Very organized.
- Teamwork, Flexibility, result-oriented, stress management.